Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Back to posting: Radar Overlays

I've been playing with the code I have from Bill, and also with the few data sets we brought back from Duck. I've been able to automate (well, sort of) an algorithm to identify which runs are synchronous. To do that I have converted the GPS times from RiverRad and the Marine radar to epoch times, to make them compatible with the ARGUS. Book keeping should be easier this way. That also enables me to figure out when the radar changed directions. By doing this I was able toidentify the slow scan used to estimate the zero azimuth of RiverRad, by targeting the pier. And obviously I went ahead and tried to find the angle.

So here is an overlay of synchronous data from both sensor, with the pier almost perfectly aligned. I found that a rotation pf 37.5 degrees was the best for RiverRad. I used the GCP coordinates put both radars in FRF space. Data from RiverRad uses horizontal range, our data currently uses only slant range. I think agreement is pretty good, but I am curious about the curvature shown by RiverRad.



Now I am going to try to see if I can overlap timestacks for the same (or at least similar) circular sectors.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home