Two step forward, take one back
This is a summary of this week's events.
After running the code over the weekend to rectify the video, and doing the same for the radar, I found that my images were not aligned. Misregistration anyone? So I had to go back and figure out what the problem was (or were).
I think I solved all of them, so here is the summary:
VIDEO
- First, it was pretty obvious that the GCPs were not on the right spot on the rectified images. Then it struck me that they are all at different Z-levels. Once I included this correction, the GCPs were they should be, when looking in the plan view (Euclidean Plane).
- Which lead me to the idea to include the tide data in order to rectify at the right Z-level.
- I had forgot that we have 5 cameras, so now I included the south of the pier as well. Sadly, it seems that Camera 2 does not have geometry solutions, so it will not provide data. But Camera 4 is ok.
- I recoded my functions and they are running. Probably it will take the whole weekend.
This baby was lingering in space with no other atachment point than the pier, which is a radial feature, which makes things more complicated.
Since the cartesian data (the one rectified using the dungle) has a somewhat arbitrary orientation, I used the pier as reference to find the zero-heading of the antenna and the doughnut size. I think I achieved a good agreement using heading=-7 deg and a doughnut of 88 pixels.
This is a sample image, from run 2701215, showing the timex of the first 14 seconds (10 frames), with the pier oriented almost along a uniform y value. Also, it seems that the GCP at the end of the pier is well matched.

The cubes are going to be reconstructed using the binary files and taking care to interpolate to a uniform grid using the actual azimuths recorded by the A*.TXT file.
We will see how it goes come monday, I hope.
Labels: Duck

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home